Inquiring minds want to know: how do I find the right wax for my hair type and cut? We know it can be daunting to pick the right product so we broke it down for you.
May 07 2020
A Guide to Maintaining Facial Hair at Home
By a show of hands, who’s rocking some facial hair right now? Before you log into your next Zoom conference call or FaceTime your friends, check out these tips from our founder Vaughn Acord on how to approach your facial hair and how to care for it while at home.
HOW TO APPROACH FACIAL HAIR
- This could be a nice time to grow out your facial hair - you get to try something new with your look and give your skin a much-needed break from the daily razor use.
- Think about what you want your end look to be: Do you want some stubble while looking professional and kempt? Or are you trying to go for a full beard, like Jon Hamm?
DAILY BEARD CARE
- Growing a beard isn’t a free-for-all. It still takes upkeep to create well-groomed facial hair.
- Be sure to take a good look at it every other day or so (especially before your video conference calls) to determine if you need to clean it up, especially at your neck, lips, cheeks.
- Make sure you are keeping your skin and beard moisturized with a daily moisturizer and a beard oil.
- I use V76 Beard Oil when cleaning up my neck, lip and cheeks with a razor. The translucent oil gives your skin enough protection and glide, plus you can see exactly where exactly you need to clean up.
HOW TO TRIM AND SHAPE?
- Every week or so, take a good look at the shape of your beard and determine if you need to trim and shape based on your #beardgoals.
- The shape all depends on the length of your facial hair and the shape of your face. Use a longer guard on your beard trimmer.
- I like to trim and shape every few days so the ends look fresh and maintained, plus it helps “train” the hair where you want it to go.
Be sure to tag us @v76 in your at-home selfies so we can see how you are approaching grooming during this time.
Stay home. Stay safe. Stay well-groomed, facial hair and all.